Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Halfway Done!

Tomorrow is Day 10 of radiation out of Day 20! I'm so glad to be halfway there! I met with the doctor on Monday and my spinal cord looks the same on the MRI as it did before, so that's good news. Nothing has changed and my side effects have gotten better. The doctor did say that he didn't expect me to do this well on treatment and that the tumor is responsive to radiation. I have to say that the prayers have really covered me. Thank you for your continual prayers!

More side effects could be coming this week, including hair loss, so we'll see what happens. I attached a photo of my chemo/MRI shoes in action. I didn't realize I had to walk through the hospital floor to get to the outdoor MRI machine, which is a bit of a hike. I probably would have chosen a shoe with no heel!






1 comment:

  1. Yay--more than halfway done now! So glad to hear it, and glad to hear that things are stable right now. I miss you so much and think about you and pray for you often. Thanks so much for blogging. Good for you for keeping so much humor in the picture-- you crack me up :D I should have been wearing one of those adult bibs today eating spaghetti... Anyways, stay strong, as you have been for 10 crazy years--I admire you so much!
    Love, Carrie
    PS Cute pedicure!

    ReplyDelete