Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Next Step

I only have four days left of radiation! Everything is going smoothly with that. I did have to get three more tattoos with this round, so maybe I'll turn them into flowers or something cute later.

I met with my doctor last week and found out that my next chemotherapy is actually three different drugs that I'll take over six week cycles. He expects me to get really sick since I typically tend to get the bad side effects, like vomiting and low platelet counts. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

He is going to talk to the neurosurgeon about putting a shunt in my brain that would deliver another chemo to the spinal fluid. It's either put in a shunt or get two lumbar punctures a week, which would not be fun. This would be happening at the same time as the other three drug chemo. Let's just say this was a very discouraging appointment! Especially since he said I looked like the picture of health. Really?

Something really funny happened to me the other day. I went to Starbucks to get my favorite iced latte and as I was walking toward the store, there were two older men walking towards it too. When that happens, you kinda wonder who will make it first and get into line first, but typically that's all. Well, one of the men started running towards the door. No joke-running! He beat both of us, put in his order, and sat down to start writing. When they actually called his order, he didn't even go get it. I have never seen anything like this! I guess people in Washington are very serious about their Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment