Sunday, September 23, 2012

From the Journal of Tiffany Dawn Kennard


From the Journal of Tiffany Dawn Kennard
October 2008


When you are given a life-threatening diagnosis, all that you hold of value is stripped away.  You stand before God with nothing to hide behind.  You lack the strength to even pretend before Him.  There is nothing surrounding you and you feel bare and vulnerable.  Eternity is just a breath away and closer than any of us can even imagine. 

You have to decide how am I going to get through this.  You have to choose to have hope and faith.  You must decide to press on.  You must choose to laugh.  You must choose to make jokes.  You must choose to live your life with grace, integrity and faith that God has a plan and that He is a loving God. 

He carries me in His hand – always has and always will.  I can feel Him throughout all my memories since my diagnosis.  I know there were two big angels in the operating room.  I know He is with me in the MRI machines and I know He holds my hand at each doctor appointment.  I can feel His love through the hugs, phone calls, gifts and support of my family and friends - through the laughs, tears and smiles.  Those are how you have taken care of me. 

I choose to live a life that honors my God! 

_________________________


Tiffany went home to be with her Lord on Thursday morning, September 20, 2012.  All in her family wish to thank everyone who prayed for Tiffany and who followed her on this adventure.  The following link will take you to her obituary and provide more information about her and the memorial service. 



1 comment:

  1. Dearest Tiffany, I have followed your blog since its inception. I have come to know you through your Mom, and your voice through this blog. My heart is heavy. You are a remarkable young woman and remain in my thoughts and prayers as do you Mom, Dad and sister.

    ReplyDelete